Monday, June 11, 2012

Last Blog

What was your favorite topic this semester? Why?
My favorite topic this semester is actually genetics and reading the Genome book.  I really like genetics and the book just open my eyes up to the human genome.  I think reading about the different part of the human chromosome and how one gene can change a phenotype of the human body is so interesting.  I guess the genetics part is really interesting because it also ties in with chemistry, another subject of interest.

What was your least favorite?
I think my least favorite is learning about invertebrates.  For some reason, particularly the invertebrates.  I found the structure and function of those invertebrates hard to grasp.  Overall, I am just really bad at anatomy.

What would you change about this class if you could?
If I can change one thing about this class, I would say for labs that take over an hour (a whole period) do them online.  Because when an experiment is stopped and then continued, there is always a larger percent error in the data, plus online labs teach all the concepts and allow the students to perform an experiment with no error.  It is a great way to teach concepts, without having to do an experiment that may fail under a traditional condition.

What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment in biology this year?
My biggest accomplishment is that I spend a whole day looking at stuff around my house and on my street and start to identify them with biology.  For example, I would identify plants as monocot/dicot, and what phylum it belongs to on the streets.  I also use concepts learned in biology to reason with my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment